Governance, Democracy and Public Administration
ME&A creates solutions for clients ranging from national governments to municipalities in areas of public policy, management and organizational reform, elections and electoral systems, legislative bodies, citizen involvement and public information. ME&A has worked extensively in the implementation of many projects associated with transparent local governance, public administration, municipal association development, as well as decentralization and democracy advocacy.
ME&A specializes in local governance and decentralization issues from a wide range of perspectives by providing practical solutions that are responsive to real operational needs. Accordingly, ME&A provides services in the following specific areas:
- Decentralization and intergovernmental issues including approaches to revenue sharing, power sharing, local revenue generation, and local economic development through various forms of decentralization including devolution, delegation and de-concentration
- Public management, budgeting, finance, capital improvement programming, local territorial planning, service delivery, asset management and human resource development
- Citizen participation strategies, methodologies, and organizational structures for local, regional and national governmental entities and programs
- Policy and program analysis of national legislation, programs, and mandates affecting state, regional, and local governments
- Geographic information systems for land use planning and permitting, property tax and cadastral information, and demographic and social analysis
- Public-private partnerships in business, economic, and community development Democracy-building programming at national, regional and local levels
- Association development, including local and regional associations, mayoral and municipal associations, business and trade associations, and community-based private organizations (NGOs)
- Legislative development including legislative drafting; committee structures, rules and processes; information systems; administrative support structures; communications and intergovernmental relations
- Elections and electoral systems, including elections commissions, electoral policy, administration of elections, local polls and balloting, and election campaigns
USAID's Global Waters Magazine
ME&A is proud to publish USAID's Global Waters magazine, a quarterly online publication devoted to the Agency's Water Initiatives across the globe.
View the latest edition here.
ME&A specializes in developing and implementing programs in Local Economic Development. Learn more about ME&A's LED Center here